Sunday, November 28, 2010

POEM: "To My Future Lover (1)"




To My Future Lover (1)


Way back then, before
I stood there and looked
and received the summons
to pour this one from my heart
into the forgiving shape of yours,
when sleep was troublesome plots
that woke me to a smoke and brandy
then up again an hour later
undistanced by memory,
distraught of my own concerns
delinquent of most others
every animal loves its own smell

but that will be taken to an extreme --
disturbed by what it meant
dishevelled in the mirage
distracted, always distracted
that I should limit my desire
in the dispirit of these times...
a kiss, a kiss didn’t even matter
all love was in the shadows
the sun did not light every caress
time would never wait for long
everything a brave dance in the dark.



© 2010 Rob Schackne

No comments:

Post a Comment