Wednesday, December 3, 2014

POEM: "Monday At The Germbar After Work"



Monday At The Germbar After Work 


“There is no epiphany or revelation or aha moment or big click. There is no redemption. There is no great lesson learned. There is only the unknowable and the unspeakable.”

                                                                      Meghan Daum (2014)


I don’t know. I was killed. I died and I came back
And what I didn’t know about it was so immense
That the huge gap reached out to become a teacher
Of dreams and invisible beauty. True I lost track a lot
So many languages were spoken. Some I understood
Some clicked me knowable, some clicked me unspeakable
(Afterwards of course one must return and get on with it)
I never spoke of epiphanies or redemption. Anyway it is
Poor manners to flush an aha moment & not give it a chance
And although (of course) it's quite impossible to give as a present
I got very involved in writing poetry. I bring a message back
Sit you down in a silent classroom at dusk. The one alone
I expected nothing but death. I had the grace of surprise.


© 2014 Rob Schackne

No comments:

Post a Comment